The Senior Consultant 2 provides direct client consulting and leadership services including providing objective advice, expertise and specialized skills in healthcare policy, strategy and management with the aim of creating value, maximizing growth and/or improving the business performance of clients. This role supports the Managing Directors, Directors and Senior Consultant 3s (both technical and non-technical) in delivering healthcare consulting services leveraging policy and/or industry expertise in areas such as Medicaid policy, benefits, provider reimbursement, regulatory compliance, managed care, and general business development. This role is responsible for client relationships at a senior level and/or responsible for all policy/technical aspects on projects. This role also delivers strategic advice and counsel to our Sellers Dorsey business partners, states, private companies and various associations or unions. The role is responsible for policy guidance, project management, client deliverables and satisfaction, and identification of new and expanded business activities.
General Responsibilities and Expectations
- Senior Consultant 2s are expected to account for hours on a monthly basis. They will be provided with targets in each of the Client Servicing areas they support. Any non-targeted hours shall be used for administration, sales and marketing activities, and paid-time-off in consultation with his/her supervisor. Senior Consultant 2s are expected to review periodic activity reports and work with his/her supervisor to develop strategies to ensure expectations for targets are met.
- Sellers Dorsey Senior Consultant 2s are expected to travel as needed to meet the needs of client servicing, marketing, and business development. Senior consultants understand that work may require periodic availability on weekends and nights
- Perform assigned and agreed upon project tasks maintaining client satisfaction through proactive project management; takes ownership of work and produces “client-ready” deliverables with minimal supervision
- Deliver subject matter expertise, consulting and strategic services on multiple projects, clients and engagements; manage assigned primary research and/or solution development; assist with proposal development, project plan development, data analysis, presentation development, and delivery of client presentations
- In the absence of, or as assigned by, a Managing Director, may serve as a key client contact to respond to questions, provide required communications and be responsible for a successful client engagement
- Use personal industry knowledge, connections, business expertise, public policy awareness and political insight to identify leads that could result in profitable revenue growth for the Firm
- Actively provide proposal development assistance including proposal drafting, editing, scope development, and related duties as necessary
- Actively seek to identify new business opportunities for the Firm within assigned clients to help maximize long term benefits and relationship between the client and Sellers Dorsey
- In coordination with the marketing team, produce and review content for selected internal and external marketing tools, such as Firm newsletters, conference presentations, website content, and marketing webinars, to highlight the Firm’s capabilities, subject matter expertise and successes
- Leverage policy and/or healthcare solution expertise to help Managing Directors develop, document and communicate new solutions
- Advanced expertise in healthcare policy and technical areas.
- Demonstrate current knowledge federal and state health policy and regulatory environment, learn state specific regulations to support assigned projects, stay current on industry trends, and apply information in various engagements
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree and 10 or more combined years in a public healthcare policy management role and/or in the healthcare consulting industry; advanced degree in Public Policy, Public Administration, Public Health, Health Administration, business, economics or MBA or additional relevant experience in lieu of such advanced degree preferred
- 10 or more years of progressively responsible work experience in health or human services policy research, consulting and/or in a healthcare service delivery environment and/or with a Medicaid managed care organization, or 5+ years of post-graduate, progressively responsible work experience in consulting or operational experience in health care and/or health policy research/analysis is required
- Expertise with Medicaid preferred. Advanced experience at the federal, state or private health insurance plan industry sector strongly desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including relaying complex technical terms in an easy to understand manner
- Ability to analyze and interpret federal and state policies and regulations
- Ability to interact professionally with clients and other outside audiences
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required; experience in quantitative program evaluation is highly desirable
- The ability to work effectively independently and in teams
- Experience delivering services on several projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required
Core Behaviors and Competencies:
- Build positive relationships within and outside the Firm, always selling the Firm and its capabilities
- Treat clients, strategic partners and fellow employees with respect and professionalism in all interactions
- Take ownership for one’s professional development by increasing knowledge, skills and abilities in areas that are critical to the Firm’s success
- Collaborate and share knowledge with other Firm staff
- Demonstrate formal and ad hoc team leadership in projects, issues or organizations that are critical to achieving the Firm’s strategic goals
- Be self-motivated, and be an advocate for one’s abilities and talents, both internally and externally
Key Performance Metrics/Expectations:
- Individual performance and utilization goals
- Successful completion of client deliverables, tasks, projects
- Business/revenue achievement
- Achieve billable time targets
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
Sellers Dorsey maintains a Drug-Free workplace.