Sellers Dorsey is a leading healthcare consulting firm specializing in Medicaid financing, policy and operations. Our National Medicaid Financing Practice works with clients such as states, counties, health systems, safety net hospitals, academic medical centers, physician groups, nursing facilities and medical schools. We help these clients navigate opportunities to strengthen their Medicaid business through the conception, creation and implementation of programs that increase Medicaid reimbursement and leverage their unique capacities to deliver quality and value for Medicaid payers and consumers. Our teams work together to ensure technical, policy, and political solutions result in success for our clients, particularly in the area of Medicaid financing.
The Human Resource Assistant will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the organization’s human resource department.
- Maintainsaccurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to HR Generalist.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department.
- Acts as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors, which may include health, disability, and retirement plan providers.
- Assists with new hire orientation.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree in related field required.
- Prior related office experience preferred.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications. Experience with Paylocity a plus.
Physical and Mental Demands
- Stand/sit at a desk for extended periods of time
- Lift files and documents, bend, access file cabinets
- Use hands and fingers, type on keyboard extensively
- Apply common sense and problem solve
- Able to manage deadlines and multiple tasks
- Environment is a business casual office with moderate noise, frequent interruptions and multiple demands. Ability to work independently outside of traditional office setting is critical.
Core Behaviors and Competencies
- Build positive relationships within and outside the firm.
- Treat clients, strategic partners and fellow employees with respect and professionalism in all interactions.
- Take ownership for one’s professional development by increasing knowledge, skills and abilities in areas that are critical to the firm’s success.
- Collaborate and share knowledge with other Firm staff.
- Demonstrate formal and ad hoc team leadership in projects, issues or organizations that are critical to achieving the Firm’s strategic goals.
- Be self-motivated, and be an advocate for one’s abilities and talents, both internally and externally.
Key Performance Metrics/Expectations
- Individual performance goals.
- Successful completion of deliverables, tasks, projects.
- Professional development.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
Sellers Dorsey maintains a Drug-Free workplace.