Sellers Dorsey is a leading Professional Services Healthcare Consulting firm specializing in Medicaid policy and financing opportunities. The Firm works with clients such as states, counties, health systems, safety net hospitals, academic medical centers, physician practice plans, nursing facilities and medical schools. Sellers Dorsey partners with clients to design, seek approval for and implement Medicaid reimbursement programs. Our teams work together to ensure that all technical, policy and political considerations are examined as new Medicaid financing opportunities are identified and developed.
The Project Director provides direction, management, and leadership of assigned project(s) and deliverables. This includes offering objective advice, expertise and specialized skills in the areas of healthcare policy and strategy to deliver assigned projects with the aim of creating value, maximizing growth and/or improving the business performance of clients. In addition to managing all aspects of complex projects, the Project Director delivers strategic advice and counsel to our Sellers Dorsey business partners, states, private entities and provider associations. The role is responsible for direct service delivery, client satisfaction, identification of new and expanded business activities. This position reports to a Managing Director who serves as the executive sponsor for client engagements. This Project Director position will be based primarily in Ohio.
General Responsibilities and Expectations
General Responsibilities and Expectations
- Project Director, Senior Consultant 2 are expected to:
- account for hours on a monthly basis and review activity reports
- work with Managing Director to develop strategies to ensure workplace expectations are met
- travel up to 50% of the time as needed to meet the needs of client servicing, marketing, and business development
- understand that work may require periodic availability on weekends and nights.
- Meet key performance metrics such as:
- successful completion of client deliverables, tasks, projects
- self-directed professional development
- business/revenue forecasting and targets
- utilization targets
- Deliver client management, consulting and strategic services on multiple client engagements; facilitate solution development; ensure project plan development, data analysis, and deliverable development, client communications, subject matter expertise, assist with proposal development.
- Maintain client satisfaction through proactive project management and ownership of work that produces “client-ready” deliverables
- Serve as a key client contact when necessary to respond to questions, provide required communications and create successful client engagement
- Leverage industry knowledge, connections, business expertise, public policy awareness and political insight to identify leads that develop and expand the Firm
- Strategically identify and expand new business opportunities for current clients
- Develop, draft, edit, proposal scope and related work products
- Coordinate all aspects of internal team including, as needed, professional development of junior team members. marketing content for newsletters, conference presentations, website content, and webinars, that highlight build the reputation of the Firm
- Leverage policy and/or healthcare solution expertise to support Managing Directors
- Fluency in expertise-management for healthcare policy and technical areas
- Stay current in federal and state health policy and regulatory environment, learn state specific regulations to support assigned projects, and apply information in various engagements
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree and ten or more combined years of experience in public healthcare policy, healthcare consulting, and/or government relations
- Evidence of previous experience delivering services on several projects simultaneously including excellent project /time management skills
- Experience with state and federal Medicaid policy
- Experience with the Ohio Medicaid program
- Experience/familiarity with healthcare providers, particularly hospitals, in Ohio
- Ability to integrate political, policy and technical considerations in complex and constantly changing projects.
- Ability to drive action to deliver projects strategically and on time, adapting long term goals into achievable short-term benchmarks; devising, workshopping and implementing strategy
- Leadership of a diverse team in a rigorous peer-review environment
- Capacity for building and growing client relationships and becoming trusted advisors to both clients and stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to translate complex technical concepts in an easy to understand manner and develop and maintain an overall project narrative
- Ability to oversee the operational delivery of consulting services for Medicaid financing initiatives including hospital and physician policy /reimbursement projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skill
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to mentor junior staff
- High-level proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
Core Behaviors and Competencies:
- Build positive relationships within and outside the Firm
- Treat clients, strategic partners and fellow employees with respect and professionalism
- Engage in self-directed professional development and knowledge enhancement
- Demonstrate formal and ad hoc leadership in projects, issues or organizations critical to the Firm’s strategic goals
- Be self-motivated advocate for one’s ownabilities and talents and those of junior staff
Key Performance Metrics/Expectations:
- Individual performance and utilization goals
- Successful completion of client deliverables, tasks, projects
- Professional development
- Business/revenue achievement
- Achieve billable time targets
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.