The Senior Consultant (I) provides direct client consulting services including objective advice, expertise and specialized skills in the areas of healthcare policy, strategy and management. Senior Consultants (I) support Managing Directors and other Senior Consultants in delivering consulting services leveraging policy and/or financial expertise in areas such as Medicaid financing and revenue maximization, long-term services and supports (LTSS), healthcare IT, Medicaid managed care, business development, and provider reimbursement. Senior Consultants (I) are responsible for policy guidance, direct service delivery, project management, client satisfaction and new business activities, including proposal development responsibilities. This position will be based in the San Francisco Bay region and will be required to report to the San Francisco office at least 2-3 times per week on average.
General Responsibilities and Expectations
- Senior Consultants (I) are expected to account for hours on a monthly basis. They will be assigned to project teams to service clients and will also spend time on sales and marketing and administrative activities as needed. Senior Consultants (I) are expected to review periodic activity reports and work with their supervisors to develop strategies to ensure targets are met.
- Sellers Dorsey Senior Consultants (I) are expected to travel as needed to meet the needs of client servicing, marketing, and business development. Senior Consultants understand that work may require periodic availability on weekends and nights.
- Senior Consultants (I) are responsible for keeping current on the changing federal regulatory environment, learning state specific regulations to support assigned projects, and staying current on industry trends.
- Depending upon specific areas of expertise, assume increasing levels of responsibility on a diverse range of projects and project tasks; develop consulting expertise that can be replicated in future projects
- Perform assigned and agreed upon project tasks maintaining client satisfaction through proactive project management; take ownership of work and produce “client-ready” deliverables with minimal supervision
- Deliver subject matter expertise and consulting services for multiple clients/projects; manage assigned primary research and/or solution development; assist with proposal development, project plan development, data analysis, presentation development, and delivery of client presentations
- May serve as a key client contact to respond to questions, provide required communications and be responsible for a successful client engagement
- Use personal industry knowledge, connections, business expertise, public policy awareness and political insight to identify leads that could result in profitable revenue growth for the Firm
- Actively provide proposal development assistance including proposal drafting, editing, scope development, and related duties, as necessary
- Actively seek to identify new business opportunities for the Firm within assigned clients to help maximize long term benefits and relationship between the client and Sellers Dorsey
- In coordination with the marketing team, produce and review content for selected internal and external marketing tools, such as Firm newsletters, conference presentations, website content, and marketing webinars, to highlight the Firm’s capabilities, subject matter expertise and successes
- Leverage policy and/or healthcare solution expertise to help Firm develop, document and communicate new solutions
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree and 7-15 or more combined years in a public healthcare policy management role and/or in the healthcare and/or service delivery industries and/or politics;
- Experience with Medicaid preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to relay complex technical terms in an easy to understand manner
- Ability to interact professionally with stakeholders and other outside audiences
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required; experience in quantitative program evaluation is highly desirable
- The ability to work effectively independently and in teams
- Experience delivering services on several projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Stand/sit at a desk for extended periods of time
- Use hands and fingers, type on keyboard extensively
- Apply common sense and problem solve
- Able to manage deadlines and multiple tasks
- Environment is a business casual office with moderate noise, frequent interruptions and multiple demands
Core Behaviors and Competencies:
- Build positive relationships within and outside the Firm
- Treat clients, strategic partners and fellow employees with respect and professionalism in all interactions
- Take ownership for one’s professional development by increasing knowledge, skills and abilities in areas that are critical to the Firm’s success
- Collaborate and share knowledge with other Firm staff
- Demonstrate formal and ad hoc team leadership in projects, issues or organizations that are critical to achieving the Firm’s strategic goals
- Be self-motivated, and be an advocate for one’s abilities and talents, both internally and externally
Key Performance Metrics/Expectations:
- Individual performance goals
- Successful completion of deliverables, tasks, projects
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.