The Senior Consultant (II) provides direct client consulting services including objective advice, expertise and specialized skills in the areas of healthcare policy, strategy and management. Senior Consultants (II) support Managing Directors and other Senior Consultants in delivering consulting services by leveraging policy and healthcare management expertise in Medicaid or Medicare health plan operations to offer best practices and develop solutions in areas such as: quality and performance, utilization management, administrative efficiency, care management, delivery system reform, data analytics, provider network development, and provider reimbursement, including alternative payment models. Senior Consultants (II) are responsible for policy guidance, direct service delivery, project management, client satisfaction and new business activities, including proposal development responsibilities.
National travel is required and is estimated at 25%-35%. This is a full-time position based in our Firm’s Austin, TX office. Residency in the Austin, TX area strongly preferred.
General Responsibilities and Expectations
- Senior Consultants (II) are expected to account for hours on a monthly basis. They will be assigned to project teams to service clients and will also spend time on sales and marketing and administrative activities, as needed. Senior Consultants (II) are expected to review periodic activity reports and work with their supervisors to develop strategies to ensure targets are met.
- Sellers Dorsey Senior Consultants (II) are expected to travel as needed to meet the needs of client servicing, marketing, and business development. Senior Consultants understand that work may require periodic availability on weekends and nights.
- Senior Consultants (II) are responsible for keeping current on the changing federal regulatory environment, learning state specific regulations to support assigned projects, and staying current on industry trends.
- Depending upon specific areas of expertise, assume significant levels of responsibility on a diverse range of projects and project tasks; developing consulting expertise that can be replicated in future projects
- Perform assigned and agreed upon project tasks maintaining client satisfaction through proactive project management; takes ownership of work and produces “client-ready” deliverables with minimal supervision
- Deliver subject matter expertise, consulting and strategic services for multiple clients/projects; manage assigned primary research and/or solution development; assist with proposal development, project plan development, data analysis, presentation development, and delivery of client presentations
- May serve as a key client contact to respond to questions, provide required communications and be responsible for a successful client engagement
- Use personal industry knowledge, connections, business expertise, public policy awareness and political insight to identify leads that could result in profitable revenue growth for the Firm
- Actively provide proposal development assistance including proposal drafting, editing, scope development, and participate in sales meetings, as necessary
- Actively seek to identify new business opportunities for the Firm within assigned clients to help maximize long term benefits and relationship between the client and Sellers Dorsey
- In coordination with the marketing team, produce and review content for selected internal and external marketing tools, such as Firm newsletters, conference presentations, website content, and marketing webinars, to highlight the Firm’s capabilities, subject matter expertise and successes
- Leverage policy and/or healthcare solution expertise to help the Firm develop, document and communicate new solutions
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree and 15 or more combined years in a public healthcare policy management role and/or in the healthcare consulting and/or service delivery industries; advanced degree in Public Policy, Public Administration, Public Health, Health Administration, business, economics or MBA preferred
- Expertise with Medicaid required
- Expertise with Medicaid or Medicare managed care plan operations required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to relay complex technical terms in an easy to understand manner
- Ability to interact professionally with clients and other outside audiences
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required; experience in quantitative program evaluation is highly desirable
- The ability to work effectively independently and in teams
- Experience delivering services on several projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
Core Behviors and Competencies:
- Build positive relationships within and outside the Firm
- Treat clients, strategic partners and fellow employees with respect and professionalism in all interactions
- Take ownership for one’s professional development by increasing knowledge, skills and abilities in areas that are critical to the Firm’s success
- Collaborate and share knowledge with other Firm staff
- Demonstrate formal and ad hoc team leadership in projects, issues or organizations that are critical to achieving the Firm’s strategic goals
- Be self-motivated, and be an advocate for one’s abilities and talents, both internally and externally
Key Performance Metrics/Expectations:
- Individual performance goals
- Successful completion of deliverables, tasks, projects
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.